This directory is dedicated to the late Oliver Lovell, a long-term friend and a great campaigner for public transport, who was a founder member of the Cotswold Line Promotion Group. It was very much due to his effort that the Cotswold Line was redoubled recently and closed stations reopened. Oliver died suddenly on Moreton-in-Marsh station in June 2013.
A plaque has been placed in the booking-hall to his memory.
- Barry Doe - Excellent list of rail and bus timetables and his celebrated GB rail franchise map
- Guide to great-value Rail Rover tickets in the UK
- Southern Counties Railway Society - for those in the South interested in the heritage and history of railways
- Dorset Transport - independent information on all forms of public transport in Dorset
- RailUK Forums - for discussion of all topics involving railways
- Rail Saver UK - tips for finding cheap train tickets
- British Railways - a site of varied interest, including lineside to the Settle and Carlisle line
- Scottish Golf Courses - how to reach Scottish golf courses by train
Excellent booking site for train journeys throughout Europe, including the UK. If you want to make a train journey from your local station to a station in Europe this site will be able to book your ticket in one step. No more using multiple websites. No booking fees (other than credit cards)